Tools for Professional Advisors
As community foundations, we combine charitable experience and expertise with a deep understanding of the needs, challenges and opportunities facing our communities.
Sharing this knowledge is at the core of what we do. This section contains a wide array of resources and information sheets to make it easy for you to share information with your clients.
Come back often or subscribe to our RSS feed in order to stay on top of the latest developments around charitable giving.
Client info sheets
For summaries of six common gift options for Canadian donors you can visit the 6 Gift Options section. We provide quick links to the client information sheets in that section here:
Is your client interested in the experiences of other community foundation donors? Browse through the stories we've collected to show how we can help make giving easy. Details.
Background for professional advisors
Download these PDFs for more detail.
- The Role of the Professional Advisor
- One Advisor's Story - Mark Horne, Lawyer specializing in Estate Planning
- One Advisor's Story - Jill McAlpine, Financial Planner
- Talking About Charitable Giving - How to Start the Discussion
- Talking About Charitable Giving – Ways to Talk About Giving
- The Life Stages of Giving – The Best Prospects for Significant Charitable Gifts
- Giving Advice on Charitable Giving
- Listening for Charitable Opportunities
- Canadian Charitable Gift Matrix